Thursday, February 4, 2010

They moved it!



Any Outer Banks fan worth there weight in salt knows all about this house. I've been watching this dream house slowly inch its way into the Atlantic since my first visit to the windy sand spit over a decade ago. My parents brought us down to North Carolina in a motor home when I was fourteen, my brother ten, it made a lasting impression on both of us. We've both been back many times I've been twelve to be exact. Its become a ritual of sorts, something that just must be done at least once a year. The draw comes from seeing nature unmolested for the most part dueling with herself on open stretches of sand being brutalized by the relentless ocean waves and the fact that you can surf alone down there which in its self is priceless. I've spent a fair amount of time next to this house sitting watching waves. I've surfed out in front of it many times using it as reference point for how far and fast the current was pulling me. I've made mental note to myself on every visit of the houses progress into the waves and
I REALLY WANTED TO SEE THIS DAMN THING FALL IN! I CAN"T BELIEVE THEY MOVED IT....WHAT THE FUCK !

Here's a link to the local news story and video of the atrocity Island Free Press News

No comments:

Post a Comment