Friday, November 14, 2008

"The Quiver" or as we say in Mass "The Quivaah"


This was most of my board collection as of 8/01/08.

Skate: top to bottom
1. Some stupid longboard I built up when my cousin and I were trying to break each others speed records. Its fast as fuck. 40+
2. One of those springy Sector nine deals, its actually really fun. It's my guilty pleasure.
3. A replica of a 70's board, I made it for my brother it's only in the pic cause I made it. It's really his board and he rips it!
4. Duane Peters Red Kross deck. I don't deserve this one, I can't skate it the way it should be skated.
5. Beer cruiser /old stand by.

Surf: left to right
1. Some old 60's board my brother got for free and gave to me. It's junk but I can't get rid of it.
2. 10' Bing Gold Standard w/ glassed on 10" fin. This board is heavy!!! I love it. Get out of my fucking way !!!!
3. 9'6" Infinity Rad Nose Rider. This board rips! It's found its way down the whole East Coast, to Costa Rica, and Hawaii
4. 9'4" Infinity Rad Nose Rider. Not my board but I've probably surfed it and stored it more that the owner so I'm counting it. You know who you are.
5. 9'6" Rainbow. My first board ever! I've surfed this this all over the country from Matunick to Malibu it's beat but I luv it.
6. 7' Egg. I forget who shaped this some SoCal guy. It's cool.
7. 5'11" Mike Perry 70's single fin. I got this board for a steal I don't use it much.
8. 6'4" 70's Sunset Gun. The jury is still out on this one. The colors are sick, the green is metal flake.
9. 6'6" Bing Bonzer. So sick! This board is a blast. I drove down to NC to buy this board. I just had to have it.
10. 5'10" Channel Islands Fish. This is a pre Burton model made with Clark foam. I surf it all the time. We traveled light to Panama last year and this was the only board I took.

Snow:
1. LibTech TRS 157. I cut the tip of the nose and tail off so it would look like a T.Rice Board. Custom checkers make it go faster. I love this board and rode it way past its prime It finally broke, so I've moved on.
2. O-sin Powder Gun 168. What can I say look at the thing it's awesome! Everyone should own one of these...wait everyone I know does own one. I had a great day at Alpine a few years ago with this Bad Larry.
3. Rome Notch 158. East Coast powder slasher.

I have a few boards that didn't make this shot. An early 90's Burton Air 6, a LibTech Growboy 196cm, and Re-issue Burton twin 158cm. I have a couple more skateboards kicking around too. Plus my 7'2" Cannibal truster that I bought from Sid @ WaterBrothers it was my first new board. Sid was rad he actually took time to talk to me even though I was kook. Maybe next year I fit'em all. -SPK

One more for the collection

It was like Christmas at the Worcester shop today, thanks to the Capita Super Corporation. We all got our boards in the mail. Thanks Capita! Your the best!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment