Sunday, November 23, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
In the book To Kill a Mockingbird , one of multiple themes concerns a man wrongly tried and convicted because of his race. The movie Gattaca is about a future where genetically-enhanced people are the majority, while a non-genetically enhanced minority are socially and economically discriminated and marginalized for their "imperfections". A noteworthy example is the Mutant race in the X-Men, which are frequently subjected to prejudice. And of course me hating paddle boarders because most of them are idiots that don't know what the FUCK they're doing. I didn't take this picture but I did write puke on it. -SPK
Saturday, November 15, 2008
So this is my Grandmother Ruby, she is the most amazing lady you'll ever meet. At 95 years old she still drives, knows how to use a computer, stays up till 3am instant messaging people, and says stuff like "I don't know why but some time I feel tired in the afternoon". She just keeps on going. When ever I see her she makes me think of that quote from The Shawshank Redemption "Get busy living, or get busy dying." I took the picture last spring, I was cleaning out my garage and had all my bikes outside she just hopped on and started riding them around the yard. I hope it runs in the family. -SPK
Labels: ORIGINAL CONTENT
Friday, November 14, 2008
This was most of my board collection as of 8/01/08.
Skate: top to bottom
1. Some stupid longboard I built up when my cousin and I were trying to break each others speed records. Its fast as fuck. 40+
2. One of those springy Sector nine deals, its actually really fun. It's my guilty pleasure.
3. A replica of a 70's board, I made it for my brother it's only in the pic cause I made it. It's really his board and he rips it!
4. Duane Peters Red Kross deck. I don't deserve this one, I can't skate it the way it should be skated.
5. Beer cruiser /old stand by.
Surf: left to right
1. Some old 60's board my brother got for free and gave to me. It's junk but I can't get rid of it.
2. 10' Bing Gold Standard w/ glassed on 10" fin. This board is heavy!!! I love it. Get out of my fucking way !!!!
3. 9'6" Infinity Rad Nose Rider. This board rips! It's found its way down the whole East Coast, to Costa Rica, and Hawaii
4. 9'4" Infinity Rad Nose Rider. Not my board but I've probably surfed it and stored it more that the owner so I'm counting it. You know who you are.
5. 9'6" Rainbow. My first board ever! I've surfed this this all over the country from Matunick to Malibu it's beat but I luv it.
6. 7' Egg. I forget who shaped this some SoCal guy. It's cool.
7. 5'11" Mike Perry 70's single fin. I got this board for a steal I don't use it much.
8. 6'4" 70's Sunset Gun. The jury is still out on this one. The colors are sick, the green is metal flake.
9. 6'6" Bing Bonzer. So sick! This board is a blast. I drove down to NC to buy this board. I just had to have it.
10. 5'10" Channel Islands Fish. This is a pre Burton model made with Clark foam. I surf it all the time. We traveled light to Panama last year and this was the only board I took.
1. LibTech TRS 157. I cut the tip of the nose and tail off so it would look like a T.Rice Board. Custom checkers make it go faster. I love this board and rode it way past its prime It finally broke, so I've moved on.
2. O-sin Powder Gun 168. What can I say look at the thing it's awesome! Everyone should own one of these...wait everyone I know does own one. I had a great day at Alpine a few years ago with this Bad Larry.
3. Rome Notch 158. East Coast powder slasher.
I have a few boards that didn't make this shot. An early 90's Burton Air 6, a LibTech Growboy 196cm, and Re-issue Burton twin 158cm. I have a couple more skateboards kicking around too. Plus my 7'2" Cannibal truster that I bought from Sid @ WaterBrothers it was my first new board. Sid was rad he actually took time to talk to me even though I was kook. Maybe next year I fit'em all. -SPK
One more for the collection
It was like Christmas at the Worcester shop today, thanks to the Capita Super Corporation. We all got our boards in the mail. Thanks Capita! Your the best!!!!!!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Today some of you don't have school, some don't have to work, but there are some that don't get to come home, some that can't walk any more, some that miss their loved ones, some that have nightmares every night, some that are dead, and their are many who fought for our country. Today is a day to remember these men and women and take pause to think about the sacrifices that they have really made for their country.
It's not just another day off.
Here is a link to a video that has the storys of seven men who served this counrty. They where also POW's. Take a few minutes to check it out, or not, after all it's a free country. -SPK
Link to: Salute to veterans